Dayspring is excited to add a new member to our team in San Francisco!
You might find this job to be a fit if…
You’re the detail-oriented person in your group of friends. You personally use software (like Dayspring’s own Goodbudget!) to keep your finances in order. You reconcile your credit card statement. And your checking account statement. And then maybe you offer to reconcile for your friends. And family. It makes you happy when everything is entered and accounted for down to the penny. You think spreadsheets are a joy.
You’re somebody who delights in things that are well-organized—whether that’s a paper filing system or Google Drive folders. You like to work with and create systems where you can find stuff—and everybody else can as well. And you’re a stickler for process who knows when and how to flex in order to serve those around you.
What’s the role?
The Finance and Admin Associate supports Dayspring’s professional services and software product lines of business by ensuring that our regular office processes run smoothly. This is a half-time (50%) position in our San Francisco office with the option for a portion of your hours to be remote.
You’ll help with the monthly financial activities for our core business to keep everything accurate, organized, and on time: invoicing, receiving payments, paying bills, reimbursing staff, depreciating assets, filing (electronic and physical), and preparing payroll. And you’ll do it in a way that nurtures partnership and relationships of trust—both within the Dayspring team and with the clients we serve.
You’ll also help to administer the monthly financial activities for our partner nonprofit, Dayspring Community Partners, including receiving loan payments for our Neighbor Fund community loan program.
And finally, you’ll help with office management and front desk duties: ordering supplies, receiving packages, greeting visitors, and answering occasional phone calls to the general line.
This position is part of Dayspring’s Operations team and reports to Amy, our Office and Finance Manager.
What’s needed for the role?
- Ethic of service. You see a job as a way to serve people.
- Ready to learn. You’re curious and teachable.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent collaboration skills. Our environment is very team-oriented. You are too.
- Adaptable. The Ops team exists to serve the other teams. You can flex with priorities that change and keep everybody in the loop at the same time.
- Excellent client service skills. You’re empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Experience with at least one software package for managing personal or business finances.
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management, or related field. Or equivalent experience.
What makes Dayspring unique?
- We desire to live out an ethic of love—for our co-workers, for our clients and vendors, and for our community—in the practice of business. In the workplace, we want to do the joyful work of welcoming people with a variety of backgrounds and allowing ourselves to be changed as a result.
- We sincerely desire to do right by the clients we serve. We keep our promises, we speak with respect, and we apologize when we ought to. And we expect to hold one another accountable and to be held accountable to this.
- We watch out for one another, and we’ll look out for you too. People aren’t constantly positioning themselves. No office politics here. When you or your loved ones are sick, we treat you like a person first and a worker second.
- We share an office in San Francisco because we believe being together in person matters, and that practicing common life shapes us for the good. And we’re called and committed to our broader community in our Bayview neighborhood, including through our partnerships with Redeemer Community Church and Rise University Preparatory.
Founded in 1997 by a few Christian church members, Dayspring Partners is a digital consultancy providing people-focused brand and communications design, custom web and mobile development, and Salesforce consulting. In addition, our Goodbudget home budget app for iPhone, Android, and Web has served hundreds of thousands of households since 2009.
Over our two decade history, we’ve delighted our clients with our signature attention to detail, focus on delivering the right solution, and unsurpassed quality. And we’ve enjoyed working with each other immensely to boot.
Learn more about Dayspring’s vision.
Tell us what you think of our vision and how you see yourself fitting in. Apply online and we’ll connect. You’ll need to sign into a Google account to upload your resume.
Dayspring Anti-Discrimination Policy
Dayspring Technologies, Inc. SPC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status prohibited by law.