Dayspring is excited to add a new member to our team in San Francisco!
You’re somebody who delights in infrastructure that runs smoothly—whether that’s cloud infrastructure, in-office desktop and network systems, or physical facilities. You’re a stickler for process who knows when and how to flex in order to serve those around you. You love repeatable processes—and documenting, automating and improving them. Checklists, Linux, and bringing order to chaos are your jam.
What’s the role?
The Operations Engineer helps support Dayspring’s professional services and software product lines of business by ensuring that infrastructure runs smoothly. This is a full-time, entry-level position in our San Francisco office with the option to be 40% remote.
You’ll help manage our AWS cloud environment, provide IT support for internal systems and Mac and Windows users, and help with facilities management as part of Dayspring’s Operations team.
For our cloud environment, your responsibilities will include performing weekly server health checks, patching our AWS EC2 instances, and monitoring antivirus and server performance. This could mean delving into system and network logs, using Datadog or other diagnostic tools to pinpoint issues, and working with design and engineering teams to provide timely resolution. You’ll assist with accurate billing of Dayspring’s web hosting clients. And, once you’re up to speed, we’d love it if you participated in the off-hours support rotation.
For the office, you’ll help to manage and maintain servers, desktops, and laptops and provide hardware, software, operating systems, and VPN support for Dayspring’s staff. At times, you will need to work with service providers such as Office 365 or our ISP to ensure reliable operations of these services.
Finally, the Operations team works together to handle facilities issues including managing vendors, configuring space, and doing the occasional odd job—everything that helps us keep our office space running well.
The Operations Engineer is part of our Operations Team and reports to Shane, our Senior Operations Engineer.
What’s needed for the role?
- Ethic of service. You see a job as a way to serve people.
- Ready to learn. You’re curious and teachable.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills. Our environment is very team-oriented. You are too.
- Adaptable. The Ops team exists to serve the other teams. You can flex with priorities that change and keep everybody in the loop at the same time.
- Excellent client service skills. You’re empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious.
- Familiarity with and hands-on experience using Linux. You know how to navigate around Linux with basic shell commands.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services: OpsWorks, EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront.
- B.S. Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. Or equivalent experience.
- Experience with PHP and Apache Web server.
- Experience with AWS CLI and Python. This is not a programming role, but a little scripting can go a long way.
- Experience with administering Office 365 Exchange and G Suite.
- Experience with administering Windows Server and Active Directory.
- AWS technical certification.
What makes Dayspring unique?
- We desire to live out an ethic of love—for our co-workers, for our clients and vendors, and for our community—in the practice of business. In the workplace, we want to do the joyful work of welcoming people with a variety of backgrounds and allowing ourselves to be changed as a result.
- We sincerely desire to do right by the clients we serve. We keep our promises, we speak with respect, and we apologize when we ought to. And we expect to hold one another accountable and to be held accountable to this.
- We watch out for one another, and we’ll look out for you too. People aren’t constantly positioning themselves. No office politics here. When you or your loved ones are sick, we treat you like a person first and a worker second.
- We share an office in San Francisco because we believe being together in person matters, and that practicing common life shapes us for the good. And we’re called and committed to our broader community in our Bayview neighborhood, including through our partnerships with Redeemer Community Church and Rise University Preparatory.
Founded in 1997 by a few Christian church members, Dayspring Partners is a digital consultancy providing people-focused brand and communications design, custom web and mobile development, and Salesforce consulting. In addition, our Goodbudget home budget app for iPhone, Android, and Web has served hundreds of thousands of households since 2009.
Over our two decade history, we’ve delighted our clients with our signature attention to detail, focus on delivering the right solution, and unsurpassed quality. And we’ve enjoyed working with each other immensely to boot.
Learn more about Dayspring’s vision.
Tell us what you think of our vision and how you see yourself fitting in. Apply online and we’ll connect. You’ll need to sign into a Google account to upload your resume.
Dayspring Anti-Discrimination Policy
Dayspring Technologies, Inc. SPC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status prohibited by law.