The Senior Software Engineer is an experienced member of one of Dayspring’s engineering teams and reports to the team’s Engineering Team Lead. The Senior Software Engineer leads their engineering teammates in delivering high quality solutions for Dayspring’s professional services clients. This is a full-time position in our San Francisco office 3 days a week, and optionally 2 days a week remote.
What’s the role?
As a technical lead, you will solve critical technical problems, create technical architecture, and research and specify the technologies for projects. You’ll assist an Engineering Team Lead or Principal Consultant during a project’s discovery phase. You will be part of the team that meets with the client to gather requirements, then defines and estimates solutions to meet the client’s needs.
You’ll be responsible for delivering software solutions for specific client engagements. Using the agile methodology, you’ll define sprints and deliverables, working to keep the budget-scope-timeline triangle in balance. You’ll often lead a team of 1-3 engineers to implement a chosen software solution.
As the client’s primary point of contact, you’ll provide the client with regular progress and budget updates, as well as work with them to refine the project backlog and define future sprints. After a successful delivery, you’ll continue as the client’s point of contact, nurturing a long-term relationship, supporting the client through maintenance engagements, and facilitating future projects.
As an experienced member of the team, you’ll support the team’s Mentor Engineer to train junior engineers, equipping them to grow as software engineers and serve Dayspring’s clients with excellence. You strive to see others thrive and excel in their own craft by teaching and mentoring them. The team works together to make sure everyone can work a smart 40-hour workweek and unplug for time off.
A software engineer at your core, you will write code or debug existing code as required. You’re someone who sees software engineering as a craft through which you build applications to help and serve your clients. You take in the big picture, but also appreciate details and work to get them implemented correctly. As a craftsperson, you’re an expert of the software engineering tools at your disposal, and use them to work with your client to understand, refine, and fulfill their vision.
What’s needed for the role?
- 7+ years of experience in a software engineering role, with at least 1 year of experience with lead responsibilities.
- Experience working with medium to large code bases with dependence on frameworks.
- Familiarity with frontend, backend/application, and database technologies.
- Expert-level knowledge in at least one of the above.
- An ethic of service that makes you see a job as a way to serve people.
- Empathy for clients with a problem that they need to have solved. You’re accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious.
- A communication style (written and verbal) that is polished and proactive. You’re able to convey both technical and functional details and processes in a simple and clear manner.
- Excellent collaboration skills. Our environment is very team-oriented. You are too.
- Project management experience that includes a track record of successful implementations and a focus on building repeatable processes.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with Typescript/Angular, PHP, and/or MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- Experience with DevOps and managing deployments.
- Experience with AWS.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related major.
- You’re an expert in frontend development with Angular.
- You’re interested and have experience with database modeling.
What makes Dayspring unique?
- We desire to live out an ethic of love—for our co-workers, for our clients and vendors, and for our community—in the practice of business. In the workplace, we want to do the joyful work of welcoming people with a variety of backgrounds and allowing ourselves to be changed as a result.
- We sincerely desire to do right by the clients we serve. We keep our promises, we speak with respect, and we apologize when we ought to. And we expect to hold one another accountable and to be held accountable to this.
- We watch out for one another, and we’ll look out for you too. People aren’t constantly positioning themselves. No office politics here. When you or your loved ones are sick, we treat you like a person first and a worker second.
- We share an office in San Francisco because we believe being together in person matters, and that practicing common life shapes us for the good. And we’re called and committed to our broader community in our Bayview neighborhood, including through our partnerships with Redeemer Community Church and Rise University Preparatory.
Founded in 1997 by a few Christian church members, Dayspring Partners is a digital consultancy providing people-focused brand and communications design, custom web and mobile development, and Salesforce consulting. In addition, our Goodbudget home budget app for iPhone, Android, and Web has served hundreds of thousands of households since 2009.
Over our two decade history, we’ve delighted our clients with our signature attention to detail, focus on delivering the right solution, and unsurpassed quality. And we’ve enjoyed working with each other immensely to boot.
Learn more about Dayspring’s vision.
Tell us what you think of our vision and how you see yourself fitting in. Email us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll talk.
Dayspring Anti-Discrimination Policy
Dayspring Technologies, Inc. SPC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status prohibited by law.